Carpal Tunnel is a common and often uncomfortable condition relating to the hands in general. Occurs when the Median Nerve becomes compressed in the wrist area.
- May interfere with the use of your hands.
- May cause weakness/numbness of your first three fingers.
Carpal tunnel can be diagnosed by performing a Nerve Conduction study in our office by one of our Neurologist.
- Once diagnosed and you are tested positive for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, an outpatient surgery can be scheduled at your convenience.
- The surgical procedure takes approximately 20-30 minutes.
- You will be seen post operative 7 days after the surgery.
- Tenderness may last up to 3 months.
- Generally golfing is allowed after 6 weeks of surgery.
- Tennis may take up to 3 months of recovery.