Hand and Wrist Surgery
The NASA Orthopedics Difference
Comprehensive Expert Care.
Our hands are important in everyday life. From activities of daily living such as eating, writing, opening doors, buttoning a shirt, tying our shoes, opening jars, turning door handles, and many more tasks, we need the function of our hands. We use our hands in many ways for work and fun, from holding a golf club to gripping a pickleball racket.
When you lose the ability to enjoy your life due to hand problems including hand pain and diminished hand function, the Hand Surgeons at The Gates Hand Center are there to help you regain your function and return you to your normal lifestyle as quickly as possible.
What is a Hand Surgeon?
What does the team at the Gates Hand Center treat?
ii. Common problems evaluated and treated by the team at The Gates Hand Center include:
- Sports injuries of the hand and wrist from sports such as pickleball and golf
- Carpal tunnel syndrome and other nerve problems
- Tendinitis such as trigger finger and wrist tendinitis
- Thumb base arthritis, finger arthritis, wrist arthritis
- Fractures and ligament injuries of the hand and wrist that can occur from sports, fall on outstretched hands, and other accidents
- Elbow problems such as tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow, and ulnar nerve compression (Cubital Tunnel Syndrome)
- Ganglion cysts and other finger/hand/wrist masses
- Dupuytren’s Disease
- Hand pain
- Wrist pain
iii. The Gates Hand Center surgical treatments and procedures include:
- Cortisone and PRP injections
- Endoscopic carpal tunnel surgery
- Surgical treatment of sports injuries including wrist arthroscopy and ligament repairs/reconstructions
- Hand Fractures
- Wrist Fractures
- Thumb base arthritis surgery
- Small joint arthritis surgery including joint replacement
- Trigger finger release
- De Quervain’s wrist tendinitis release
- Ganglion and mass excisions
- Dupuytren’s contracture release with needle aponeurotomy or surgical fasciectomy