Welcome to our comprehensive guide on kyphoplasty, a minimally invasive procedure designed to address vertebral compression fractures and restore spinal stability. At NASA, we specialize in this advanced technique, offering patients a safe and effective solution to debilitating spinal conditions.
What is Kyphoplasty?
Benefits of Kyphoplasty:
- Rapid Pain Relief: Kyphoplasty provides immediate pain relief for patients suffering from vertebral compression fractures. By stabilizing the fractured vertebra and restoring its height, this procedure significantly reduces pain and discomfort, allowing patients to resume their daily activities more comfortably.
- Restored Spinal Stability: Vertebral compression fractures can cause the spine to lose its natural curvature and stability. Kyphoplasty aims to restore spinal alignment, reducing the risk of further fractures and improving overall spinal stability.
- Minimally Invasive Approach: Kyphoplasty is a minimally invasive procedure, requiring only a small incision. This results in minimal tissue damage, reduced blood loss, and a faster recovery compared to traditional open surgeries.
- Outpatient Procedure: In most cases, kyphoplasty is performed on an outpatient basis, meaning patients can return home the same day. This offers convenience and minimizes the need for an extended hospital stay.
- Improved Quality of Life: By alleviating pain, restoring spinal stability, and promoting early mobilization, kyphoplasty can significantly enhance a patient’s quality of life. It allows individuals to regain their independence, engage in physical activities, and enjoy an improved overall well-being.
Is Kyphoplasty Right for You?
- Severe and persistent back pain due to vertebral compression fractures
- Loss of spinal height or curvature
- Limited mobility and reduced ability to perform daily activities
- A decline in overall quality of life due to spinal instability
Our Expertise in Kyphoplasty
Kyphoplasty in Naples, Florida
Our medical team has more than 120 years of combined experience, and the doctors are board certified specialists in their field. Care, compassion, and expertise are the hallmarks that have made Neuroscience & Spine Associates Southwest Florida’s leading neuroscience specialty team. If you are seeking treatment for your spinal compression fracture fill out the contact form on this page.