Careers at NASA
Current Job Openings
Position Summary: Assists in the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of the physician. Interviews patients and measures vital signs and records info in the patient electronic medical record. Documents patient information in EHR, prepares treatment rooms for consultation and treatment of the patient. Under the direction of the physician, calls prescriptions to pharmacies, sends electronic prescription to pharmacy/or prepares written prescriptions for the signature of the physician. Receives calls from patients which are directed to the physician via their work list in the electronic medical record for evaluation and instruction. Instrumental in the triage process for patient compliance and urgent appointments.
Essential Functions: 1. Interviews patient and takes vital signs, (i.e. pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight & height). Records in patient electronic chart.
- Calls in prescriptions to the pharmacy or prepares written prescriptions for physician approval & signature or submits prescription electronically to pharmacy
- Prepares & administers injections as instructed.Disposes of hazardous materials following OSHA established guidelines.
- Receives telephone calls from patients with questions requiring Physician input and decision making. Schedules and Records in electronic chart.
- Stocks examination rooms as required.Assist physician in exam room with patient documentation & recording of information.
- Keeps exam rooms clean between patients and at the end of the work day.
- Informs Practice Manager of supplies needed for re-order.
- Does possible scanning & indexing of records for patient’s electronic record.
- Checks and completes on line tasks on work list daily
- Reminds patients of upcoming appointments.
- Assists procedure room technician, providers and all clinical staff as needed.
- Covers for NASA Medical Assistants in home office, and other as needed.
Additional Responsibilities: Assumes other duties as assigned by supervisor
POSITION SUMMARY: The MRI technician will perform diagnostic testing by taking images of patient’s bodies using computerized MRI Scanner. Under the supervision of our physicians the MRI technician will interpret a physician’s instructions, explain MRI procedures to patients, and select software options and imaging parameters when adjusting the MRI machine. The MRI technician will view images from an imaging session and keep records of the results. The MRI technician will maneuver examination equipment, prepare patients for procedures, and assist them on to the table for the correct position for imaging. Will administer contrast when necessary according to the physician’s orders.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must have successfully completed an MRI technology program. Must have national certification with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). Must also be licensed in the State of Florida. Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time, as well as bend, stoop, assist patients on and off table, and lift up to 15 pounds as needed.
- Interpret physician’s orders to determine correct image to be obtained.
- Explain MRI procedures to patients
- Select correct software options and imaging parameters when adjusting the MRI machine.
- Prepare patients for their procedure by assisting them on to table and positioning them correctly for the type of procedure to be done.
- Administer contrast as needed and ordered by the physician.
- View images from an imaging session and keep records of the results for the patient’s electronic medical record.
- Maintain MRI equipment and inform manager of any problems or maintenance required.
- Keep all supplies needed well stocked and informs manager of any supplies that need to be ordered.
- Keep MRI scanner and room clean between each patient and at the end of the work day.
- Complete and continue all education required to maintain ARRT certification.
This position requires a minimum of two current years of experience in a medical office, knowledge of medical terminology, HIPAA guidelines. Experience with medical records would be a plus. Hours are Monday – Friday 8:30 – 5:00 with a 30 minute lunch break. Salary will be based upon experience. If interested please fax resume to 877-812-5411. No telephone calls will be accepted.
Only candidates with a minimum of two years of medical office experience will be considered. Hours are Monday – Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm with an occasional rotation of late coverage. A competitive salary and benefit package will be offered to the right candidate.