The American Migraine Foundation reports that around 12% of the population of the United States, or thirty-six million Americans, are affected by migraine suffering. Working with a neurologist can help determine exactly what type of headache you may suffer from. The 3 most common types of headaches include tension, migraine, and cluster headaches, but in reality there are actually more than 20 different migraines and headaches types. A neurologist can determine your migraine type as well as a treatment plan.
If you are experiencing any of the following migraine warning signs speak with your primary care physician about seeing a neurologist:
- A headache that is not responding to the recommended OTC treatment or prescriptions
- A headache accompanied by any of the following: nausea, vomiting, confusion, dizziness, blurry vision, loss of consciousness
- Two or more headaches in one week
- Headaches that are becoming worse over time, even with treatment
- A headache accompanied by a fever or stiff neck
- A new type of headache
The top neurologists at Neuroscience and Spine Associates can assist in the diagnosis and treatment of your migraine suffering. You live in beautiful Naples, Florida, don't let migraine pain keep you from the life you deserve.